Welcome to Marcopolo Inn Calafate, the perfect place to enjoy the Argentinean Patagonia in all its glory. Here is where you will find one of the most smashing wonders of nature: The Glaciers.
Being one of the most traditional and renowned hostel in the city, Marcopolo Inn is in a quiet, harmonious and comforting area, with a view overlooking Lake Argentino and its icebergs and the mountains surrounding it.
The hostel, located near the entrance to El Calafate, just ten minutes away from the main avenue and the bus station, allows our guests to get around easily.
Our hostel has double and triples rooms with private bathroom, heating, cable TV, linen included and amenities. Our shared rooms have linen, lockers, heating and private bathrooms as well. All of our rooms have comfortable beds, hot water all day long and an amazing view to the lake.
Our staff is also qualified to give you all the information you need to know about what to do in the national park and in Calafate, as well as bus connections, accommodation in other places all over Argentina and much more. There is no need to leave the hostel to do that. Just sit back and relax and enjoy your holidays to the fullest.
Here`s a list of some of the activities to do in this wonderful city in Patagonia:
• Trekking to the Perito Moreno Glacier for those who are into adventure. This is the most popular activity chosen by all tourists. Here`s where you will have the feeling of walking on ice and see the lagoons and caves in the middle of the Glacier.
• Boat trips along Brazo Rico, the Iceberg Cannal and Brazo Norte del Lago Argentino for those who want to enjoy the peace and quiet of the lake and the breathtaking view of the Glacier in an upclose and personal time.
• Visit El Chalten, where you can see the imposing presence of the Fitz Roy. This is the best activity to do trekking on the mountain and enjoy the panoramic view and the lakes.
• The wonderful Torres del Paine, Chilean National Park, where you can do a mountain circuit to go camping or just spend the day.
• Live the traditional Estancias Patagonicas. A day in the countryside. See the shearing, the hearding and have a good Argentinean asado.
• Horseriding, off-road, zipline, trekking and biking are some other options you have in the city of El Calafate.